[nycphp-talk] Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2 and .htaccess

Peter Sawczynec ps at blu-studio.com
Tue Oct 18 22:27:13 EDT 2011

Okay I will fess up in full here.
This is all happening in a virtual hosting environment in which I run my
personal websites for business and hobby earning a few monthly dollars.
All using the godaddy deluxe linux hosting package running now on their new
grid hosting called Linux / 4GH web hosting

I am allowed to have .htacces files at the root and in subdirectories,
config allows overrides

It is poosible I can see my apache error logs thru the godaddy admin
interface. I've gotta look now.

Meanwhile, I have mis-remembered my SSH login creds and so can’t do that for
the moment.

And the godaddy support team remains resolute in providing no help on
.htaccess directives and
cannot/will not clairfy why the directives that used to work in my legacy
server environemtnt don't work now.

The new server environemnt is literally a whole lot faster than the legacy
and I do not want to roll back.

I'll be here reseraching this all till I get it. Thanks, in the meantime,
for all the input.

Warmest regards,

Peter Sawczynec
Technology Dir.