[nycphp-talk] I've been hit with an eval(base64_decode("....")) injection attack

Sasa Rakic - Gmail rakics at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:44:45 EDT 2012

Hi Rob,

There can be several solutions to stop this injection:

-          In file upload form field, on submit should be checked is
uploaded file extension is .jpg,.gif,.bmp or .png with JavaScript

-          When file is uploaded it should be checked with GD graphics
library is it image

                                $path_info =
pathinfo($item->getValue("photo_filename"));

                                $extension = $path_info["extension"];

                                $fileName = $path_info["basename"];

http://php.net/manual/en/function.imagecreatefrompng.php

$tempImage = imagecreatefrompng("/./upload.png");

  /* See if it failed */

  If ($tempImage)

  {

-          File also can be checked with tool for extract meta data from
file

http://getid3.sourceforge.net/

-          Add .htaccess file with rules to not be able to execute files,
only read/write

Protecting Images using PHP and htaccess

http://michael.theirwinfamily.net/articles/csshtml/protecting-images-using-p
hp-and-htaccess

Best regards,

Sasa