[nycphp-talk] PHP graphics programming for a template

Michael Traffanstead mike at thesandbenders.com
Sat Apr 7 23:35:45 EDT 2012

If you're doing large format printing you will want to use vector
graphics, not raster which will rule out jpeg or png.

Most print shops support PS, PSD and SVG. When using these formats
make sure your using vector output and not putting a raster image in
them (which they support).

Done properly it will scale up to any output size at any DPI without
any pixelization or "jaggies". That's why print shops use these
formats.

Note that vector graphic files are typically smaller than the
equivalent raster file, unless it's a very complex design.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone