[nycphp-talk] PHP App Store

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Jul 6 19:02:01 EDT 2012

Hi Federico:

> I'm developing an app store for a CMS to download modules, plugins and
> themes and keep them updated automatically.

You mean like PEAR?  Their old (pear.php.net) and new (pyrus at
pear2.php.net) systems have client and server side tools can be reused
in many ways.  There are other systems out there too.  Unless you feel
like making your own anyway, of course.

If you ever need to serve files up, check out mod_xsendfile for Apache
or similar functionality for Lighttpd or other web server of your
liking.

See you,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
        4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335