[nycphp-talk] PHP App Store

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Fri Jul 6 21:28:09 EDT 2012

Hi Federico:

> is more similar to the modules repository of Wordpress.

That's fine.  To be clear, I was not comparing your project to PEAR.  It
seems you may have interpreted it this way.  I was saying you might want
to use PEAR's client and server interfaces/software for your system.  I
hear the Pyrus stuff is pretty good.

> I've already implemented the download with Curl and it works well, so
> should I still consider mod_xsendfile?

You're serving up raw binary files from the file system.  Yes.

> And another question, is zlib the
> best and most compatible solution to compress files?

Yeah.

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
        4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335