[nycphp-talk] How To Make "php" show up as "somefile" when running the top command...

Hans Zaunere bulk at zaunere.com
Thu Jun 21 16:52:22 EDT 2012

>     When I run any php file from the command line it shows up at
> "php" under the COMMAND column on my Mac. I'm not running this on a
> server right now, just locally.

Oh, Mac...

In theory there's BSD under there somewhere, but I don't know what
they've done to it.  I'd imagine the COMMAND column in Mac pulls from
ps or top but it's hard to say.  You could drop to command line and
try top/ps to at first know if the process name is being changed as
far as the OS sees it.  Then the Mac GUI is another question :)