[nycphp-talk] How To Make "php" show up as "somefile" when running the top command...

Darryle Steplight dsteplight at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:59:27 EDT 2012

Hans,

Using  the "ps" command allows me to see "php filename.php" but top
wouldn't allow me to see the filename, this is what sparked me to
think about changing "php" to something more specific.  I don't know
why I didn't try "ps"  at first.

A little birdy told me that  symlinking to the PHP binary will allow
you to change "php" to whatever you use in your symlink. Makes sense
to me, but using ps will suffice for now.