[nycphp-talk] Web browser quality

Hans Zaunere bulk at zaunere.com
Sat May 12 12:44:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

> Really guys, what are you talking about? Now you code once and it
> works in all browser, I wish things where this easy 10 years ago!
> Browser improved a lot if you consider standards, compatibility,
> performances and security (less virus, adware)!

I think you raise a good point - there's a difference between quality and
capability.

While the capabilities of browsers have certainly increased as front-end
technologies have matured (Javascript, HTML, CSS of course), the quality of
the browser software itself has suffered.

And David, as you point out - the whole release-early/release-often mantra
is a good one, stemming from open source.  Now, unfortunately, it appears to
have become more of a marketing tool for releasing poor quality software.