[nycphp-talk] Web browser quality

Bruce Martin bmartin at mac.com
Sat May 12 13:18:14 EDT 2012

Thought I would chime in here. I heard that Microsoft currently has plans not to allow third party browsers in Windows 8. Meaning IE 9 only for Windows 8. This to me is yet another bone head move as IE 9 still lacks the standards that Chrome, Safari and FireFox support.

As for bloating, I have not noticed it, mainly because I use minimal add-ons. Firefox, IMHO, is slightly above IE now. I prefer Chrome and Safari as they seem to handle the standards in a similar way.

Bruce Martin
c. 917-727-8230
p. 570-421-0670
bmartin at mac.com