[nycphp-talk] talk Digest, Vol 71, Issue 6

Nicholas Hart nhart at partsauthority.com
Wed Oct 17 11:47:52 EDT 2012

MySQL - PHP:

Anyone have experience with a 64bit mysql server?
Recently tried to move a PHP application to a not as busy
64 bit Dell Server and it and it was vy slow for some unknown reason.
Checked all indexes in applicable tables which matched 32 bit server.
I have optimzed data and checked/repaired indexes with myisamck.
I have run MYSQL PERFORMANCE TUNING PRIMER Version 5.1.31
and made suggested changes but no change in speed of this app.
Moved it back to 32 bit Dell Server and it is fine again now.

I guess what I am ultimately looking for is a decent site or book to
explain
mysql db admin.  Any suggestions or theories much appreciated.
Note: I moved it b/c I thought it would run faster on a 64bit server:-(

Thanks,
Nick