[nycphp-talk] Member Management System

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Wed Oct 24 19:06:51 EDT 2012

I've been doing some volunteer work for a local non-profit and they have
been looking into re-doing their member management system.

I decided not to build something custom because their needs are simple.
Originally, I thought about going with something like SugarCRM and using
that to store their members.  But eventually, they'd like shopping cart
integration so they can have members purchase things and have them tied to
their account.

My next thought was to go Wordpress with woocommerce.  Members can be
tracked as wordpress users and their role indicates their member level (I
can create custom roles).  Woocommerce would faciliate the shopping cart
and a simple wordpress plugin or two could handle the meta data that needs
to be stored with each user.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other PHP-based alternatives?

Thanks!