[nycphp-talk] BDD: Behat, Codeception...

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchak.schaffer at gmx.com
Wed Oct 24 15:57:09 EDT 2012

So, BDD: I see there's Behat and Cucumber for PHP, which are similar
inasmuch as they use a DSL. There's also Codeception.

http://behat.org/
http://lucato.it/php-bdd-cucumber-cuke4php
http://codeception.com/

I personally have a guttural aversion to the magic DSL style of testing,
so Codeception looks especially enticing; but I assume that Behat has
better community adoption, given the crossover effect from Cucumber, and
the fact that it was adopted by the symfony community.

My shop is using Lithium for framework, and I'm wanting to write a BDD
plugin using one of these libraries. Any thoughts? General discussion of
BDD in PHP also welcome.

--
YS