[nycphp-talk] Programs rights and Lic etc.

David Roth davidalanroth at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:33:37 EST 2013

At the heart of this would be the question --  why do they want to own the
copyright? Is the software something that needs deals with securing their
systems so it needs to be kept secret or has something to do with a
proprietary process to their business? Do they have concerns that you would
do similar work for their competition? Could they have plans to market the
software you create for them? If that is the case, I can see them wanting
to own it.

Sometimes clients have misconceptions about copyright ownership and that it
implies some sort of control over something they may not need control over
at all.

David Roth