[nycphp-talk] Semi-OT: Is there a scale for language competency?

Justin Dearing zippy1981 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 09:11:00 EDT 2013

If you want to convey your skills, a cert or a brainbench is probably the
way to go. Certs aren't perfect, but they will tell you how much of a
language you know.

If you want something more holistic, its probably best to contribute to a
mature existing open source project. This allows you to say:

   1. My code is useful
   2. Others have seen my code and found it acceptable to include with
   theirs
   3. I have demonstrated something useful with X aspects of a language

Justin