[nycphp-talk] CentOS v Ubuntu

Ronald Bradford rb42list at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:29:27 EDT 2013

To answer your question about Unix and Linux there are two good diagrams,
first at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_like  There is a similar diagram
on the Linux page about the *nix family that shows the same thing.
The second is the Linux family tree which is very interesting of the 3
flavors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distributions and what versions
have spawned from others.

For those that come from a Unix background as myself, Linux, OS X are new
developments, there are plenty of large organizations that run Unix systems.

Regards

Ronald