[nycphp-talk] CentOS v Ubuntu

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Jun 19 17:56:03 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 05:29:27PM -0400, Ronald Bradford wrote:

> The second is the Linux family tree which is very interesting of the 3
> flavors http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distributions and what versions
> have spawned from others.

I first ran Linux using the SLS distro - installing Linux on a 486DX
machine with 8Mb RAM via 30 rawritten floppies was a good lesson in
patience :-)

> For those that come from a Unix background as myself, Linux, OS X are new
> developments, there are plenty of large organizations that run Unix systems.

Sure, though I doubt they're running their web sites on it...

--
Aj. (who remembers with SUNOS used a BSD kernel :-)
FaceBook: facebook.com/ajaikhattri