[nycphp-talk] GIT! (was: CentOS v Ubuntu)

Jesse Callaway bonsaime at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 10:28:16 EDT 2013

http://viget.com/extend/effectively-using-git-with-subversion
> Manual: http://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn
>
> Side note, I found this https://github.com/sushdm/git_svn_externals for
dealing with svn:externals, if you need to fetch those externals in order
to use/build the software.  But you should manage any changes/patches to
externals in their own proper tree.

> ~ Greg

> http://www.nyphp.org/show-participation

I'll chime in here... working on the same repo mr convissor is.
For some reason or another the subversion repo in question triggers a fault
in git-svn.... after hours and hours of crunching. I'll admit being way too
lazy to follow up with a proper bug report.

that said.. the bug doesn't get triggered if just checking out a
portion/small branch of the entire repo. so maybe some usage of the
available inter-repo tools is available.