[nycphp-talk] GIT! (was: CentOS v Ubuntu)

Hans Z zaunere at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 12:41:21 EDT 2013

> I agree with Hans.

:)

I've never wanted to be one of those people who over the years refused to
> adapt to something new. But the reality is that it has to really be an
> improvement, not just new to justify the change.

And actually, this brings up a great topic for mailing list discussion, and
future meetings...

There's always new technology on the web and some of it certainly could be
considered wonderful, and some simply hype... of course, this pattern in
technology (or anything really) is nothing new.

What if we compiled a list, added the pros/cons of each, and debated it out
panel style at a meeting?

I'll happily seed the list: )

git / github
LESS/etc (compiled CSS)
AJAX
jQuery
Bootstrap (CSS frameworks)
noSQL
Cloud servers
RoR
nodeJS
Cloud development (online code editors/etc)

What am I forgetting? Oh right...

Responsive design :)