[nycphp-talk] PHP is not just for professionals

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:52:05 EDT 2014

On 05/23/2014 01:07 PM, Chris Snyder wrote:
> The subject line is hilarious, considering how many years it took to
> get PHP accepted as an enterprise-ready language. If it even is...

Thank you....  I was aiming for that as irony. :-)

It's not that I think there is anything wrong with writing PHP programs
in an enterprise style.  For the enterprise, writing in that style is
very important and has major cost benefits.   It's just with all the
focus on being "enterprise-ready" I often feel that a lot of decent PHP
code is unfairly disparaged as bad just because it's not the "hip new
way to code".