AW: [mambo] wait for mambo 5?!

Ryan Ozimek cozimek at picnet.net
Thu Jun 2 11:54:48 EDT 2005

Hey Mitch, et al,

Looking for feedback on PHP5 eh?  Well, I'll tell you, a lot of the
integrations we do are with servers chugging along nicely with php 4.3.10.
I don't think they're going to be changing anytime soon, and I'd hate to
lose potential users because 5.0 will require php5.  However, I know that at
some point we're going to need to get with it.  What are the real
requirements for the community to move to PHP 5?  What would it offer to us
that we're really confident that Mambo 5.0 will require to move us forward?

As for the granular user management, that is really really the big key for
us.  Our clients are constantly asking for more granular control as to who
can edit exactly what content pages, components, etc.  If this will require
PHP5 to fully implement it, then we're all for it!

-Ryan