[mambo] Shop again

inforequest hc1vdt402 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 11 20:47:24 EST 2005

Chris Hendry chris.hendry-at-nyphp.org |nyphp mambo list 022005| wrote:

>Well Chris, since you're so cool, I'll tell ya.
>
>In /includes/frontend.php, in the mosShowHead function - if you're a logged
>in user, then Mambo includes a javascript file with an absolute URL (using
>$mosConfig_live_site - which is most likely set as HTTP).  You could change
>that to HTTPS in your config file, but then it'll be pulling everything (SSL
>or not) over HTTPS.
>
>Might I suggest removing that absolute link in frontend.php?
>
>Yours in the bond,
>
>Ps - phpshop also has an absolute link buried in the CC page...
>
>PPs - for anyone still reading this - might there be an repercussions from
>changing that absolute link to relative???

Chris and , um, Chris:

Yes, but not if you make darn sure you have BASE set on every page, to
keep the links firmly within your domain.

That 302 redirect hijack thing is so pesky. I have been recommending
absolute URLs site wide, *plus* BASE on every page just to make sure
nothing is missed.

-=john andrews