[mambo] MySQL username/password problem on Mac.

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Fri Mar 18 05:58:34 EST 2005

I posted this at forum.mamboserver.com a few days ago, not sure if I posted it lcearly enough or if I'm just spacing. I'm setting up a duplicate environment on my wife's Mac so I can take it to potential clients and demo a Mambo driven web-site. I installed MySQL and created a user, and was able to log in as that user with teh expected password.

During the Mambo install, at the database part, I enter the username and password and I get a "Passwrod or username" is invalid. I tried the root user, and I tried going from "localhost" to the machines name. Yes, Mitch, I tried a different browser...I think...  :)

Any ideas on what to try next?

ciao!

leam