[mambo] MySQL username/password problem on Mac.

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:48:31 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:58:34 -0500, leam at reuel.net <leam at reuel.net> wrote:

> During the Mambo install, at the database part, I enter the username and password and I get a "Passwrod or username" is invalid. I tried the root user, and I tried going from "localhost" to the machines name. Yes, Mitch, I tried a different browser...I think...  :)
>
> Any ideas on what to try next?

Hey Leam,

You wouldn't perchance have the @ symbol in your password? I remember
reading something about that being an issue in Mambo, but don't
remember the details.

Also, check to see that phpinfo() shows the mysql client extension is
php/mysql script to test and debug the connection yourself. When we
get here I will post something.

-- Mitch