[joomla] Joomla Meetings

Gary Mort bz-gmort at beezifies.com
Sun Aug 5 19:38:49 EDT 2007

Well, there is definitely enough interest to have a meeting.  Right now
after looking at the polls,  Thursdays look best. I've talked with Hans
over at the <a href="http://www.nyphp.org/index.php">NY PHP group</a>
and they have generously agreed to give us space on Thursdays evenings
to host a meeting, so it's a good deal all around.(I'm sorry to those of
you who indicated Thursday wasn't the best day. The next best day seems
to be Saturday, so maybe once we are up and running we can have the
occasional Saturday meeting somewhere as well. Hosting space is more
problematic for Saturdays. And my daughter would kill me if I committed
to give up one her days every month.so it will have to be occassional -
or a family friendly locale)

The next poll is up to find out which week is best! So go fill it out!
http://www.beezifies.com

If you have a suggestion on a place to meet informally, shoot me a
contact using the <a
href="http://www.beezifies.com/index.php?option=com_contact&amp;task=view&amp;contact_id=2&amp;Itemid=3">contact
form</a>. If there are no suggestions, my own inclination would either
be the lobby at the IBM Building (590 Madison Ave) or the Barnes and
Noble in Union Square.

We will plan for our first official meeting to be next month, however
THIS month is a summer party being hosted by the PHP Group!
"At 6:30pm on August 23rd, we&#39;ll be getting together on the roof-top
lounge of The Delancey, in the Lower-East Side. The roof-top is a small
piece of tropic serenity in Manhattan, with a relaxing fountain, lush
plants, and a great view - and of course WiFi."

See their website, http://www.nyphp.org/index.php for more details. This
seems like an excellent time for us to get together and have an initial
meeting, as well as finalize the results from the next poll and see what
day we want to meet.