[joomla] Joomla questions

Andrew Markushin scullion at web.de
Mon Apr 21 14:14:27 EDT 2008

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :-)

Uh, where to start... :-) Okay, I have to build this website, which
consists of three sub-sites that look pretty similar (same design, same
topic, similar content) but are accessed via different URLs. The
simplified structure looks like this:

site 1 <-- accessed via www.site1.abc
     home
     events
     contact
site 2 <-- accessed via www.site2.abc
     home
     about
     contact
site 3 <-- accessed via www.site3.abc
     main
     about
     events
     archive

The sites are not linked to each other; "site N"'s are not visible in
menus; the sites look completely independent. They are hosted on the
same server which allows domain mapping, i.e. I can redirect all
requests to a single Joomla installation.

Now the question is: how do I set three default pages, so that Joomla
can select the correct one depending on the requested URL? Is this
possible at all? Any workarounds?

Thanks in advance!

--
Andrew