[joomla] NYCJUG June 12 meeting recap

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:42:13 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Donna Marie Vincent
<donnamarievincent at yahoo.com> wrote:
*snip*
> If
> anyone has more information about what we discussed last night, please feel
> free to add to this.

First off, the chips were excellent. Blue corn, thin, and crispy.
Generous, large bag too.

Perhaps the most pertinent topic was how to make this user group more
organized, more efficient, and provide more value to its members and
the Joomla community in general. There are tons of ideas, some of them
months-to-years old, and simply haven't been acted on. I'm putting a
focused effort personally to get some of these loose ends wrapped up,
so we can really focus on the important stuff (making awesome talks
and sharing a lot of knowledge) as opposed to less-than-fun stuff
(attending meetings, getting past the goon squad). Glad to see
everyone else stepping up and volunteering to tackle some tasks to
make this group the best it can be. Group hug!

The meet was wonderful outside, and I enjoyed it immensely.

-- Mitch