[joomla] K2, what where they thinking?

Gary Mort garyamort at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 10:55:56 EST 2010

Doing things differently for the sake of different is silly.

They have some really nice clean code there.

Then they do weird things like use an MVC framework for 80% of the code, and
then one vital function which if they had used MVC could be easily adjusted
with a template override, they stick the html output in the controller.....

Their field definitions are very basic...no harm there, but WHY do their own
coding?  Joomla already has a built in set of field definitions that are
much richer, why code your own when you have it sitting right there to use?

Oh well....  I feel like by this time in a week and half I'll have the K2
system I want.....    but then what to do with all those hacks?