[joomla] Arguements to modules from pramas.ini

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:49:44 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Chris TheEnd <chris at theendrecords.com> wrote:
>  So I have an interesting problem.
>
> I have a websites I develop on for a record label.  So there are many  Band/Artist pages on the sites.  I have run into a problem where i need to have lots of modules for each page and it is getting really annoying. publishing 20 of the same modules, with just a different section selected.
>
> Basically each Band page, has a widget for twitter, and content items by section, photos  with a keyword etc. I am looking into a way where i could just have a few values passed by the template, where 1 module would pick up that  one value for instance if i had a twitter user name passed to a module  on load dynamically. it is a lot of repeating  and everytime i do this i know i have a bad design.
>
> Can anyone offer some advice, or point me in the right direction for this type of problem?

Here's what I would do. I'd create a new twitter module and publish it
for ALL band pages. The twitter module would look up the twitter
account for the band it was displaying (this would need to be cached
of course). Then rinse and repeat process for all the other modules
that would be displaying for each band.

In the end it will provide the most flexibility and be easiest to
manage, even if it means you will have higher development costs up
front.

If I wasn't busy with my real job I'd offer to code for MP3s. Right on!

* spacemonkey stomps around office to Goes Cube, coworkers flee in horror