relative newbie needs installation help

Michael Southwell southwell at dneba.com
Tue Jun 4 10:39:32 EDT 2002

I have some scripts that are working beautifully on the host but are not
working on my localhost installation (which I thought I had gotten
working):  PHP 4.2.1 running under Apache 1.3.24 on Windows XP.  The
problem comes in recognizing variables locally, so I get "undefined
variable" and "undefined constant" messages.  PHPInfo() tells me that my
local Server API is CGI, while on the host it's Apache.  I am guessing that
this is the cause of the problems, though I don't really understand the
difference.  Can anybody offer an explanation/possible solution?  TIA.

DNEBA Enterprises
81 South Road
Bloomingdale, NJ 07403-1425
973/492-7873 (voice and fax)