[nycphp-talk] fsockopen and SSL (was POST via PHP)

Christopher Hendry chendry at nyc.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 00:42:55 EDT 2003

ok, so my POST needs to go to a secure server, and although fsockopen has
SSL support in PHP 4.3.0+, I have to make this happen in a couple of hosted
environments which are all 4.2.* ...

Before I go and mess about with cURL (which seems a bit hefty) or - dare I
say it - use perl, does anyone have any suggestions for using fsockopen or
another option which would use PHP to send POST data to a secure server?

Thanks.