[nycphp-talk] ColdFusion Question

Adam Fields fields at surgam.net
Thu Feb 20 09:41:59 EST 2003

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 09:34:00AM -0500, Daniel Kushner wrote:
> Hans,
>
> I didn't get to my second cup of coffee yet, so please excuse me if I'm off track.
>
> If you want to make sure that GET variables are not tampered with on their journey across the network, you can MD5 them
> with a magic key and then the keys integrity on the receiving side.
>
> For example, if you want to pass ?name=hans
> do something like $key = md5('this_is_a_magic_key'.'hans')
> and then pass: ?name=hans&key=$key

Of course, you'll need to md5 the query string on the coldfusion side,
so this will probably come in handy:

http://cflib.org/udf.cfm?ID=35&dl=1

--
				- Adam

-----
Adam Fields, Managing Partner, fields at surgam.net
Surgam, Inc. is a technology consulting firm with strong background in
delivering scalable and robust enterprise web and IT applications.
http://www.adamfields.com