[nycphp-talk] virtual host;review posts?

Chris Shiflett shiflett at php.net
Tue Oct 21 22:57:11 EDT 2003

--- deedee <delta at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> a general question to our fearless leaders of NYPHP, i am wondering
> how anyone can be sure to thoroughly search the 'archives' before
> asking questions in this nyphp-talk.

I'm not a leader of NYPHP, but I don't think this has been much of a problem
yet for this list. It doesn't have so much traffic that repeated questions are
terribly annoying. In fact, I don't really mind repeated questions much,
especially when there are new answers given. I think this condition is much
worse on lists like php-general, because it is less likely to hear a new answer
to someone asking why $foo isn't defined (when register_globals is disabled).

I've never actually searched our archives, but I know we have some. Maybe
someone should suggest that php|a include our lists in their mailing list
archive search tool.

Chris

=====
My Blog