[nycphp-talk] virtual host;review posts?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Oct 22 00:56:11 EDT 2003

Deedee wrote:
how
anyone can be sure to thoroughly search the 'archives'
before asking...

There is a horizontal menu that has a search button which
will present a search form. You can click the radio button
for lists.nyphp.org to search the mailing lists.

As a test I entered "virtual host setup" in the form.

In the fifth item returned I noticed:

[nycphp-talk] Need virtual host Apache help ...
... Max Jon Baer wrote: > Im trying to setup my laptop to
host 5 different PHP-based sites for dev > purposes and
getting lost on how to setup Virtual hosting so ...
lists.nyphp.org/pipermail/talk/2003-May/003682.html

I didn't really poke around but it would seem that Jon Baer
was already participating in that thread about virtual
hosting (or one very nearly like it).

It would probably be a good idea to have that navigation
menu available while reading the mailing list archives...
It is awkward to have to travel back through a browser
history to make another search...

Note -- I am answering this just to be of assistance.
I am not a leader at NYPHP (or anywhere else for that
matter) and as for being fearless -- I am just guilty of
rushing into discussions where I shouldn't tread.

T. Gales & Associates
Helping People Connect with Technology
http://www.tgaconnect.com