[nycphp-talk] SQL Standards (there are so many to choose from)

Analysis & Solutions danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Oct 23 12:16:23 EDT 2003

Hi Folks:

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 02:28:02PM -0400, Tim Gales wrote:
> Hans Zaunere  wrote:
>
> >Yeah, in fact Oracle will often curse you if you don't use
> >single quotes everywhere

Hans, can you please talk more about that?  Like, for example, is it going
to bitch about not using single quotes around a numeric literal you're
inserting into an integer colunn?  Or are you saying that it wants you to
use single quotes rather than double quotes?

> found an article at http://www.dbazine.com/gulutzan3.html
> written by Peter Gulutzan, who co-wrote the book "SQL-99
> Complete, Really"

Excellent link!

Does anyone HAVE that book?  I'm interested in purchasing it, but I'd
like to see it before hand, especially since it runs ~$70 list.  I called
three Barnes and Noble's, including the textbook one, and they don't have
it.

Thanks,

--Dan

--
     FREE scripts that make web and database programming easier
           http://www.analysisandsolutions.com/software/