[nycphp-talk] AMP comments

John Lacey jlacey at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 25 10:53:00 EDT 2003

Hans,

Would a 'subject' guideline work?  For example, if I wanted to ask an
AMP question -- first word of the subject line would be:
PHP class question
php and XML feedback
MySQL problem with connects
Apache virtual host question
postgreSQL information

etc...

Then, perhaps a 'steering script' could direct the question/comment to
[AMP] list.  All subject lines that don't meet that criteria would be
directed to "talk".  It might also serve to remind people (if they are
programmers -- they should be thinking logically anyway :)  to give some
thought to their question/comment ala Eric Raymond's famous "How to ask
a question" document.  This could be stated as a simple policy for
posting to the lists.

just some thoughts from out west...