[nycphp-talk] Site Quote

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Aug 11 13:18:13 EDT 2004

Joel De Gan wrote:

>Really depends..
>You will see people bid super low on things like this on scriptlance and
>rentacoder (and my site listbid.com) just to get talking with the buyer.
>If you have a very good team of people to do this, you could
>realistically charge between 20 and 40k depending on how much graphical
>work they need and if things need to be specialized and built from
>scratch.

My personal opinion is that we have been going through a technology
"backlash" for the past 3 years. All those Web wannabe's overcharged in
the 90s and the pebdulum has swung to the other extreme. People simply
do not want to pay New York prices for contracting work (that is, if you
can find any contracting work at all in the first place). Its all very
depressing. Makes you want to just quit and go work on a farm.

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer