[nycphp-talk] Site Quote

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Aug 11 15:49:31 EDT 2004

Following up about the paranoia:

I'm basing my caveat on things I observed in the translation and
interpreting industry in the 1990s. Some translator/interpreter
organizations like ATA (atanet.org)  and AIIC (aiic.net) and NAJIT
(najit.org) were given various degrees of grief by the FTC for publishing
stuff about how to price things. It's wise to be careful about saying
things like charge more or charge less for x or y.

(But, again, if you're say Archer Daniels Midland and you fix prices and
screw consumers big time on purpose, you'll get at worst a paltry
$300,000,000 fine, or thereabouts.)

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/
http://sdnyinterpreters.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17