[nycphp-talk] Site Quote Paranoia

David Mintz dmintz at davidmintz.org
Wed Aug 11 17:53:11 EDT 2004

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Jose Villegas wrote:

> What about saying "I charge x for y". If I can put this on my website,
> is it any different than telling people on a mailing list? Membership
> on this list isn't restricted, so if a customer were curious, they
> could always sign up and see what developers are talking about. [...]

No, I am pretty sure no one can give you a hard time about publishing your
own rates. Anyway, I don't claim legal expertise on this or anything else;
I do know that people have been given a hard time by the authorities for
discussing how they set their prices. Take it cum grano salis, as they
say...

---
David Mintz
http://davidmintz.org/

        "Anybody else got a problem with Webistics?" -- Sopranos 24:17