[nycphp-talk] Site Quote

Josh McCormack joshmccormack at travelersdiary.com
Thu Aug 12 19:41:19 EDT 2004

Be very, very careful when you encounter small business owners who don't
really understand what's involved in programming. If there's any way in
the world you can do it, charge by the hour. They will call you about
everything, expect everything to be done fast, change their mind
constantly, and think they're doing you a big favor.

If they think your quote was way out of bounds this might be a sign to
move on. Delivering pizzas or making coffee at Starbucks could end up
being more profitable and less ulcer inducing in the end.

Josh