[nycphp-talk] trouble with PHP5 CGI Suse 9.1 - client denied by server configuration

Ajai Khattri ajai at bitblit.net
Wed Dec 29 14:29:48 EST 2004

Jayesh Sheth wrote:

> you realize how wonderful Windows DLLs are.

Or how difficult Windoze can be when you choose not to do things the M$ way.

> But no, on Linux you have to first go through the whole compile song
> and dance - first for the libraries you want, then again for PHP.

Most Linux distros have great package managers that handle all this crap
for you.

> I may not have said this before, but Thank God for Bill Gates and
> Microsoft for have spared me this misery of compilation so far! (If
> only Windows weren't so easily hackable, WAMP would be an AWESOME
> platform.)

Source-based distros like Gentoo make rebuilding very very easy - I
never configure stuff "by hand" anymore, don't need to.

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer