[nycphp-talk] trouble with PHP5 CGI Suse 9.1 - client denied by server configuration

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:30:59 EST 2004

Hey Jay,

>  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there are no RPMs for PHP5 ? So I
> had to do this by hand.

Fedora has them available now, not touched SuSE since 8.0 so I'm rusty
in the YAST2 department ;-)

Take a look at this, it may provide some help:

http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=271&thread=70581

> Also - I wanted PHP 5 with specific extensions. (After much compiling,
> the phpinfo file would still not show that mcrypt and mhash were
> installed. Must be some voodoo magic required to make it work.)

Yeah, those two are the biggest sticklers to deal with IMHO; but I
can't remember how I got around it on the last install :-(

Best of luck with getting PHP5 on your SuSE box though!

-- Mitch