[nycphp-talk] Fw: TA04-033A: Multiple Vulnerabilities in MicrosoftInternet Explorer

Brian Preston-Campbell brian at preston-campbell.com
Wed Feb 4 07:26:43 EST 2004

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 04:35 am, Mark Armendariz wrote:
> > ... then again im sure
> > we all use linux and have nothing to fear to begin with :-)
>
> Speaking of which, how many of you use linux as your primary desktop?  Now
> that I don't do much design, it's more and more tempting every day, but I
> still feel I'll suffer some windows withdrawal... Outlook and photoshop for
> instance.
>
> > the interesting part of course is that MS will discontinue their non
> > standard(?) use of the url form:
>
> Definitely good news.
>
> Mark

I do, both on my desktop and laptop -- the latter gets me in trouble on
occasion, like when I get stuck in the field with Windows only hardware (only
happened once).  On my desktop I have Win4Lin for the purpose of running
Photoshop and checking sites in IE (although I heard CrossOver Office can do
this as well and is slightly less expensive -- $89 for Win4Lin, COO is $59).
I can live without Outlook thanks to KMail.  For emergencies, I do have one
W2K box however.

Linux is not yet for everyone, but every day the gap closes a little more.
Aside from that, you don't have to reboot every two days or get the blue
screen of death when in the middle of something important.

Brian