[nycphp-talk] GD transparency w/ Gif89a?

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Sat Jan 10 17:18:59 EST 2004

> is AOL still using the IE component?  Can PNGs work there?  I
> was a little suprised by the overwhelming people I had sign
> up that were AOL users and swore by it ... did the new model
> switch over to Mozilla/NS?  Apologies in advance for a
> question that's probably been answered 1000 times before :-)
>
> - jon

Microsoft to abandon standalone IE
May 31, 2003
http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-1011859.html?tag=fd_top

which is one day after

Microsoft to pay AOL $750M

Tech titans settle Netscape lawsuit,
set seven-year licensing pact for
AOL to use Internet Explorer.
May 30, 2003

http://money.cnn.com/2003/05/29/technology/microsoft/

So it would seem AOL will be using I.E. -- but Microsoft
will not (at least not in its present form i.e. standalone
browser)

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com