[nycphp-talk] integrated toolkit

webmaster at localnotion.com webmaster at localnotion.com
Mon Jan 12 20:00:57 EST 2004

I've always felt PHP needed an integrated toolkit like OpenACS at
http://www.openacs.org  or Zope.
The closest I've seen is the CMS's like PHPNuke and they don't seem to
have the breadth of these other systems.
I saw somewhere that Chris Shiflett was organizing a PHP community site
and I think that is an opportunity to create a unified system which
later projects could
install and use. It saves developers time  initially and if ever new
functionality is to be added.
Install the core. Add the forums module.(maybe a variant of CLEW) Add
the news and polls modules. etc.