[nycphp-talk] PHP5 and domxml... any up to date docs or examples?

Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg adam at trachtenberg.com
Wed Jul 14 12:33:54 EDT 2004

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Alan T. Miller wrote:

> Now that PHP5 is out, I wanted to play around with the new XML
> implimentation. What I specifically want to do, is pull records from a
> database and create XML files using the new libxml2 library. However, it
> seems I cannot find any good examples or any definitive documentation on
> how to do this with PHP5. So much has been in flux with the domxml
> implimentation in PHP5 everything I come across is out of date. Any
> suggestions? Any examples out there?

I wrote this for PHP Magazine a few months ago, but it should still be
correct. Happily, the whole article is now online for free:

http://www.php-mag.net/itr/online_artikel/psecom,id,503,nodeid,114.html

Christian Stocker also has a good set of slides on XML in PHP 5:

http://php5.bitflux.org/phpconf2004/

-adam

adam at trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!