[nycphp-talk] FOAF (was: firefox extension)

Chris Bielanski Cbielanski at inta.org
Wed Jul 28 12:36:33 EDT 2004

So FOAF == "Friend of a Friend". I figured that was the case but chose not
to assume.

I was part of the customer service crew at AOL when they were trying to roll
out the old Virtual Places browser client. Basically browser + avatar +
tourguides. Just off the top of my head I see this as everything VP did,
with the addition things like embedding a .plan, P2P
instant-messaging/fileshare/playlist/etc.

I wonder how many people are seeing FOAF as an enabler for P2P? That's what
hit me first, actually.

Thanks,
Chris Bielanski
Web Programmer,