[nycphp-talk] Development environment?

John Corry lists at neoncowboy.com
Thu Jul 29 17:50:59 EDT 2004

> I develop on Windows XP Professional myself.  As much as I
> like to bash M$, XP is their best OS yet, and is more stable
> than previous ones (no more blue screens).  Portability
> between my Windows box and my LAMP host is not a problem.  I
> like Dreamweaver, and am considering adding another
> Macromedia product - Fireworks - for image editing.  Anyone
> have any experience with that?

I *love* Fireworks.

It's the perfect blend of raster and vector tools for web graphics. Not
nearly as clunky as Illustrator or Photoshop...but sort of a pared down
subset of tools from each of those apps.

The DW integration is sort of useful too.

I'm on Win XP Apache 2, PHP, MySQL (using phpMyAdmin for admin), Firefox.

jpc