[nycphp-talk] Development environment?

Eddie php at haberco.com
Thu Jul 29 21:56:01 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm new to the list. I didn't see OS X represented yet so I thought I'd
chime in. I'm blissfully happy in my OS X development environment. Why use
M$ when you can run a 'Nix-based environment on localhost that has an
amazing GUI? (no need to answer that, btw).

OSX comes with PHP and Apache and PERL pre-installed. I've got the XAMP
environment with some add-ins to PHP like PDFLib and stuff ISPs don't always
enable. Code can be ported between servers transparently.

Though haven't used Zend DE yet it is available for OS X. My DE is just a
text editor (BBEdit) and a WYSIWYG HTML editor for making templates (I use
GoLive).

Eddie