[nycphp-talk] Posting data to PayPal from a script using sockets

William E. Fisher wefisher at open-world.com
Wed Jun 9 16:42:06 EDT 2004

John:

No I did not use the PayPal developers kit.  The PHP developers kit is in
beta and was only posted to their site last week.  For handling the ipn
transaction I used a script from "eliteweaver."  It seems to work pretty
well.

My question actually concerns the step just before that--before paypal
executes its ipn scripts.  I am trying to make the initial post of form data
from a script.  So instead of a user clicking a form submit button with a
form action directed to the PAYPAL SERVER, in my case the user will click a
form submit button with a form action directed to another script on MY
SERVER.  That script will then manipulate some data and finally post it to
the PAYPAL SERVER.

But I'm not smart enough to make it work.  (And I am definitely not able to
call myself a programmer.)

Bill