[nycphp-talk] The Difference Between OutSourcing and OpenSourcingis More Than a Few Letters

Tim Gales tgales at tgaconnect.com
Wed Jun 30 11:27:13 EDT 2004

 inforequest writes:

> Faber Fedor faber-at-linuxnj.com |nyphp 04/2004| wrote:
> >BTW, does anyone know of a successful off-shored project that wasn't
> >brought back on-shore because it was a disaster?  I've never
> heard of
> >one.
> >

> The threat is used all the time, but in my exerience good
> people who are
> threatened leave -- as opposed to settling for less pay. Maybe they
> don't lave right away, but they commit to leaving at first
> opportunity.

I know of a money center bank, who (more than) hinted that they
were looking into outsourcing. They suffered a brain-drain of
about twenty developers (out of about 110) within two months.

The two executives responsible for the 'brainchild' also left
the company -- ostensibly for greener pastures.

T. Gales & Associates
'Helping People Connect with Technology'

http://www.tgaconnect.com